Music Talk Board
10 year anniversary - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Site Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Official News (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: 10 year anniversary (/thread-718.html)

Pages: 1 2

10 year anniversary - Grungie - 08-17-2021

10 years ago I started MTB after MxTabs shut down their forum. The site’s hella dead now, but I think we had a good 4 year run. I haven’t done much of anything in the past few years to revive the place, but I’m keeping it up for historical purposes.

RE: 10 year anniversary - elseb - 12-07-2022

Historical Bump.

What can be done to get the place semi active again? I guess posts in each section so it doesn't look like a graveyard so if anybody comes across the place they might register?

What happened to all of your older members? Are you still in touch with any?

RE: 10 year anniversary - Grungie - 12-09-2022

(12-07-2022, 11:01 PM)elseb Wrote: Historical Bump.

What can be done to get the place semi active again? I guess posts in each section so it doesn't look like a graveyard so if anybody comes across the place they might register?

What happened to all of your older members? Are you still in touch with any?

I have tried sending out emails to the previous users, but they all disappeared off the internet years ago.

I also haven’t been trying too hard at advertising this place much for quite awhile, so I’m definitely to blame here.

RE: 10 year anniversary - elseb - 12-10-2022

It's a really difficult one as let's be honest, forums aren't exactly the most favored form of internet communication these days. I still reckon there's a good setup here though...

RE: 10 year anniversary - Grungie - 12-10-2022

(12-10-2022, 02:05 AM)elseb Wrote: It's a really difficult one as let's be honest, forums aren't exactly the most favored form of internet communication these days. I still reckon there's a good setup here though...

Yeah, I just need to actually put in effort. I can’t complain if I don’t put any work in first.

RE: 10 year anniversary - elseb - 12-12-2022

Might be worth getting a few post exchanges to fill out some of the sections with newer posts and then seeing how you get on?

RE: 10 year anniversary - Grungie - 12-12-2022

I've done that a few times, but never got positive results from it. All I ever got were posts that were basically just spam, or they don't post on their own forum and expect me to do all the work.

RE: 10 year anniversary - elseb - 12-15-2022

Yeah they can be very hit and miss but might at least be a good way of getting the sections flooded with some new posts.

RE: 10 year anniversary - Grungie - 12-15-2022

I can give it a try, but I will cut the cord if I just get basically spam.

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not interested in getting the place flooded. I’m a quality over quantity kind of person. I’m well aware I’m going into this on hard mode. I actually really like the small, but very dedicated communities more than the ones with tons of people. Though those can be more volatile when a couple of those people disappear, and your site tanks in activity, as evident to what happened here.

RE: 10 year anniversary - elseb - 12-19-2022

I certainly agree with the smaller forums line, you can definitely get to know people an awful lot better and just have a more chilled out experience. There's no reason why we can't try and get that happening here. I'm here to help in anyway though mate, just give me a shout if there's anything i can do.