Music Talk Board
I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... (/thread-303.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Adam - 08-28-2013

Hi, a few months no see... Well, as you might've noticed, i've been kinda dead for a few months over the internet, and i know you've probly missed me (i hope you did you heartless bastards ;_; ) so here's what's been going on with me.

So around the time i stopped posting i started getting sharp pains at my lower right side, and then i got a small fever. my step dad said i should go see a doctor because it might be my appendix, but being the manly man i am (I'm actually pretty scared of doctors >_> ) i refused, then he said if i don't go it might burst and i'll internally bleed to death with horrible pain... So off to i went to a doctor

At first they weren't sure what the problem was, and after some tests it turned out to be something not so serious, so no need for surgery or anything. They just gave me some antibiotics and pain killers. Though i was still in pain for a couple weeks.

During those couple of weeks i received i letter from the army, yep, it was a recruitment order. If you don't know, in Israel you join the army after high school, men get 3 mandatory years and women get 2. In order to not join to army you need to have either a physical or mental incapability, or just be a hasidic jew. (i know, it's bullshit)

So now i was in a situation where i was in pain (temporary pain, so that won't help me get out) and i had to speak with a bunch of bureaucrats pretending to have autism (i've spent plenty of time with autistic kids to know how to act). They bought it, but they needed something from a psychologist to confirm it, which he don't have the spare money to spend on.

So yeah, being in horrible pain and having a bunch of bureaucrats breathing down your neck, sounds pretty rough, OH BUT IT GETS BETTER (i hate using all caps...)

My girlfriend didn't understand why i didn't want to join the army and we talked about it, she didn't agree with my reasons and the way i look at it (that it's a never ending war and i don't want to waste 3 years of life on it, to name one reason...). Lemme tell ya one thing, arguing with politics with your girlfriend, especially when you don't agree with each other at all, not fun.
We had a big fight, both said some things we didn't really mean, and ended up breaking up. Woop de fucking doo.

All those things happened in the course of around one and a half months, and ever since then i didn't really feel like being on the internet... I'm sorry i didn't explained earlier, but i really wasn't in the mood (and frankly i'm still not really)

So yeah, shit happened, it's all kinda better now, i missed you guys and wanted to come back, and i've been through a lot and i need a hug and some cat gifs Sad

(and probly a lot has changed and i'm a little dreading catching up with it all...)

So... how you guys doin?

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - crazysam23 - 08-28-2013

So, I'm confused. Did you end up joining the Army or not? I'd guess so, but you didn't really finish that part.

Edit:
Were at a training camp or something? I'd imagine that you wouldn't have a whole lot of time for online stuff, if you had some sergeant breathing down your neck 24/7 for a few months.

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Adam - 08-28-2013

I'm in the works of avoiding that shit at all costs. Which is harder than it used to be apparently...

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - stratman_13 - 08-28-2013

Man, I really, really hope you get out of it.

That's horseshit.

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Grungie - 08-28-2013

Maps told us that you were supposed to be in the US riding around the country in a van like a bunch of gypsies.

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Adam - 08-28-2013

Oh yeah that got cancelled after that whole chance for internally bleeding and dying thing

RE: I know i know, i have some splainin' to do for my absence... - Grungie - 08-28-2013

Thank Buddha that you didn't become a gypsy. That's worse than being in the Isreali army.

Being in the Isreali army means basically no free will AND no bacon

How can you as a Murican say it's ok to live without bacon

Fuck i missed the internet...

Because you don't want to be a gypsy.

But bacon...

I missed how a couple posts from you could turn a kinda depressing thread into something more enjoyable.