Music Talk Board
Orange Teeth! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: Orange Teeth! (/thread-134.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Orange Teeth! - debbie - 02-28-2013

Tsk tsk tsk

RE: Orange Teeth! - Danjo - 03-01-2013

No soil, bananas can only be grown hydroponically. And uh, in the dark. And hydroponically in olive oil, not water .

RE: Orange Teeth! - debbie - 03-01-2013

If you grow them in glycerine you preserve them so that they look fresher for longer. But I doubt if it will "grow", you'll just be able to preserve the plant material, not the fruit though. You can grow plants in the dark, but they won't have any chlorophyll so will appear white in colour. Think of white asparagus and chicory, process is called etiolation. They will only grow to a certain extent also after that they will die. I think you can grow anything in hydroponics.

RE: Orange Teeth! - Obscene - 03-01-2013

hahaha This is NOT what I expected to find in this thread :lol: :lol:

RE: Orange Teeth! - Danjo - 03-01-2013

(03-01-2013, 05:12 AM)debbie Wrote: If you grow them in glycerine you preserve them so that they look fresher for longer. But I doubt if it will "grow", you'll just be able to preserve the plant material, not the fruit though. You can grow plants in the dark, but they won't have any chlorophyll so will appear white in colour. Think of white asparagus and chicory, process is called etiolation. They will only grow to a certain extent also after that they will die. I think you can grow anything in hydroponics.

Run that whole glycerine thing by me again? What you said isn't computing. And wouldn't only plants that are meant to grow in the dark do so, with maybe a few others? I don't think most plants have the capacity to synthesize sugars in ways other than photosynthesis. Or maybe you're already saying that. And I said you can ONLY grow bananas hydroponically. Which isn't true of anything. And I'm pretty sure no plants would grow in olive oil. I just said that because I was having a hard time thinking of a liquid that isn't water based.

And we're full of surprises. Especially when it comes to off topic-ness.

(03-01-2013, 06:01 AM)Danjo Wrote:
(03-01-2013, 05:12 AM)debbie Wrote: If you grow them in glycerine you preserve them so that they look fresher for longer. But I doubt if it will "grow", you'll just be able to preserve the plant material, not the fruit though. You can grow plants in the dark, but they won't have any chlorophyll so will appear white in colour. Think of white asparagus and chicory, process is called etiolation. They will only grow to a certain extent also after that they will die. I think you can grow anything in hydroponics.

Run that whole glycerine thing by me again? What you said isn't computing. And wouldn't only plants that are meant to grow in the dark do so, with maybe a few others? I don't think most plants have the capacity to synthesize sugars in ways other than photosynthesis. Or maybe you're already saying that. And I said you can ONLY grow bananas hydroponically. Which isn't true of anything. And I'm pretty sure no plants would grow in olive oil. I just said that because I was having a hard time thinking of a liquid that isn't water based.

And we're full of surprises. Especially when it comes to off topic-ness.

You can't grow anything in olive oil, that is correct. You can't grow anything in glycerine per se, but if you do take a cutting and place it into a glycerine solution, the glycerine will be taken up by that cutting and replace most of the water molecules. This will have a preservation effect on the stems, ever heard of long life flowers? They look dry, but aren't completely driy and their colour still looks fresh. They can last for 6 to 8 months. I'm actually looking into perfecting that process for indeginious flowers of SA for my next project. If I succeed, I can save our cutflower industry a lot of money and product.

Oh, I misread the "only" part.

You can grow most things in the dark, especially from seed. The seed is packed with enough energy to get a plant to a certain level and you do get plants that can grow in very little to no PAR (photosynthetic active radiance) light.

RE: Orange Teeth! - JCizzle - 03-01-2013

My God. I am to the religion thread as you guys are to this one.

LOL! Yes indeed.

RE: Orange Teeth! - Adam - 03-01-2013

(03-01-2013, 03:39 PM)JoelCarli Wrote: My God. I am to the religion thread as you guys are to this one.

hahaha

RE: Orange Teeth! - Hank Hill - 03-03-2013

Eeh. This seems like something Bobby would do. So... I'm just gonna... leave now.