Music Talk Board
South Park: The Stick of Truth - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Forum (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-48.html)
+--- Thread: South Park: The Stick of Truth (/thread-410.html)

Pages: 1 2

South Park: The Stick of Truth - Wahnsinn - 03-07-2014

Anyone has it? If you do, do you like it?

I was planning on getting it the day it comes out, but guess what? It was delayed for Germany and Austria only, becaue they forgot to censor some "bad symbols" (a.k.a. Nazi symbols) and now we're fucked and we can wait for them to announce the new release date. You read right, they didn't even say when. One day before release, they announce that it doesn't come out for us and then they don't even tell us when it comes out instead.
Tbh, it actually is very annoying. Especially because they could just update the digital version, which I was intending to buy. I fucking want that game, so that's bullshit. The least they could do is lower the price for us, since that's really unfair.

/rant over

So yeah...thoughts on the game?

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - fantanoice - 03-07-2014

My brother bought it and I'm watching him play it. It's pretty funny, though the sad koala was only funny the first time and now I'm just annoyed that I'm missing out on the actual footage because it will corrupt my fragile little mind. I meant to tell him to import but forgot, and he went and got the Aus version. Eh, what can you do?

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grungie - 03-07-2014

Is the Aussie version heavily censored or something?

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - WCPhils - 03-07-2014

man, Australia is so dumb with their game censors.

This game actually looks like a lot of fun

Can't justify spending $60 on it though since I just bought an Xbox One. Will definitely get it when the price drops a bit

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - crazysam23 - 03-07-2014

It seems fun and all, but for $60...yeah, I'm not paying that for what's basically a massive joke. Maybe if it was $15, and I had some extra cash...

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - Grungie - 03-07-2014

how is it a massive joke?

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - crazysam23 - 03-07-2014

Because the whole game is supposed to be funny. I'm not saying the gameplay is bad or anything. I'm just saying that it's South Park, and the basic idea is a joke. The whole game is basically making fun of RPGs. That isn't a bad thing, but it's also not worth $60 to me.

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - Danjo - 03-08-2014

Censoring South Park totally defeats the entire point.

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - Wahnsinn - 03-09-2014

Austria and Germany are worse than Australia when it comes to censorship of WWII related things...

RE: South Park: The Stick of Truth - fantanoice - 03-09-2014

(03-07-2014, 03:57 PM)Grungie Wrote: Is the Aussie version heavily censored or something?

Depends on your meaning of 'heavily.' I can't remember the exact clause for it, but basically they censored out the bits with 'high impact sexualised violence which wasn't justified by narrative.'

It basically looks like:
[Image: tumblr_n25xzmxySh1sl5pypo1_500.jpg]