Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 03-13-2014

(03-12-2014, 11:33 PM)Danjo Wrote: Its residential though, if theres kids running around in the street, I don't see why I shouldn't walk there. I don't walk on the street all the time. Also some of the houses on one of the streets I'm thinking of have bushes and trees and stuff that get in the way of the sidewalk.

You have to remember that some kids are dumbasses, or whose parents haven't told them to stay off the streets. I'm sure your mom has told you "don't play in the streets"

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 03-13-2014

If there aren't any busy roads nearby its not a big deal. There are hardly any cars passing through.

Eh it's whatever.

So on a different topic regarding the super religious people who are homophobic, I hate when I see people say they dislike homosexuality, and if we legalize gay marriage, we might as well legalize rape and murder, because those are also sins.

Because people of the same gender marrying each other is totally comparable to rape and murder.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Fantasyfanman - 03-13-2014

A dog that I have had for ten years got ran over and died... ... ...

Sad

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - ln cognition - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 12:42 AM)Grungie Wrote: Eh it's whatever.

So on a different topic regarding the super religious people who are homophobic, I hate when I see people say they dislike homosexuality, and if we legalize gay marriage, we might as well legalize rape and murder, because those are also sins.

Because people of the same gender marrying each other is totally comparable to rape and murder.
Well, obviously rape and murder isn't comperable to homosexuality. There are instances in the bible where rape or murder is justified, but no such thing for gay-sex.
(03-13-2014, 01:06 AM)FantasyFanMan Wrote: A dog that I have had for ten years got ran over and died... ... ...
And now I feel bad for making a joke in this thread. ;____;

:hug:

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 12:42 AM)Grungie Wrote: So on a different topic regarding the super religious people who are homophobic, I hate when I see people say they dislike homosexuality, and if we legalize gay marriage, we might as well legalize rape and murder, because those are also sins.
Although that's still a stupid thing to say, the reason why they say that is because...Biblically, all sins are the same. What I mean is, there isn't a scale of bad, worse, worst. Every sin is just sin and therefore bad.

Of course, the kind of argument you mentioned isn't very logical, as that's not the way the Biblical point works...

From what I've noticed, most of the people defending the Bible or those who criticize the Bible have really read it. So it is silly seeing people arguing over a book when neither of them have really read the damn thing.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 03-13-2014

(03-13-2014, 01:06 AM)FantasyFanMan Wrote: A dog that I have had for ten years got ran over and died... ... ...
Ouch man Sad It's amazing how much losing a pet can really affect you. I myself had to put down my dog of 14 years a couple years ago. I'm sorry for your loss.

:hug:

(03-13-2014, 12:42 AM)Grungie Wrote: Eh it's whatever.

I could see the same argument applied to abortion, except it sort of makes sense in that context, considering abortion could be equalized to murder if you have a Christian point of view.

The thing with gay marriage that most Christians (and most people in general, actually) don't seem to understand is that the churches who oppose gay marriage are usually not anti-gay as much as they just believe that "same-sex marriage" is nonsensical and a contradiction in terms, as marriage was initially conceived for the facilitation and protection of a nuclear family (which two members of the same sex obviously cannot have). In other words, the churches who oppose gay marriage are not against it per se, they just don't recognize it. They also make it a clear point to still love and accept gays in society as they are also the children of God.

Politics are all about drawing lines.

This reminds me, we need a hug emoticon, animated. So you guys should go find us a hug emoticon, and don't be lazy and take the UG one.