Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Wahnsinn - 03-02-2014

So it wasn't just me that started thinking of Terror? Ok, good. haha

But yeah, everything that Grungie told you about that guy is true and he really is damn annoying. You're lucky that he kept most of his stupidity on his own forums.

Some people really don't learn their lessons. And they suck in discussions.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 03-02-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:23 PM)Wahnsinn Wrote: Besides the whole "it's not about who won", it's even more annoying when those people think they've won while their points didn't even make sense nor prove them to be right.

My favorite part is where they do this, and when people tell them they're wrong they respond with "but it's my opinion".

(03-02-2014, 08:29 PM)Wahnsinn Wrote: So it wasn't just me that started thinking of Terror? Ok, good. haha

Well he did like just delete us from his forum about 20 mins ago. Then moved the discussions to a staff forum, so we can't lurk and read what else he says.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Wahnsinn - 03-02-2014

Opinion > Fact. Everyone knows that.

I know, but still...
I don't think he moved it to the staff forum though. He deleted our and his posts from the Chat Topic, so I can imagine him deleting those aswell.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 03-02-2014

I don't think he deleted it, as one of the threads had a link to our final argument, and it said "you don't have permission to view this forum".

He's probably showcasing it to the other mods to say "look how these guys are assholes and I'm innocent"

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 03-02-2014

He does seem to be a little ridiculous. I guess there are a lot of crazy people on the internet.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 03-03-2014

(03-02-2014, 08:23 PM)Danjo Wrote: On the other hand, people who make a point, you challenge them, and then they give you an academic paper that says exactly what their point is, are the best people to argue with, because you actually learn something.

And that was one hell of a sentence.
See, this is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Some reputable source and an interesting conversation. Not "I know X, Y, & Z facts...and you don't, so you must be disagreeing with me because you want a source". It was condescending bullshit the whole way.

(03-02-2014, 08:26 PM)Grungie Wrote:
(03-02-2014, 08:04 PM)crazysam23 Wrote: It's also very funny to me when you ask for a source and they spew out a bunch of other stuff, which (while related) didn't actually give you a source to support the particular point that you wanted a source for.

I saw that on FB, though if this helps it make sense, Ashley is Alljudaspriest if you didn't know.
I do; we're also FB friends. It was just that the fact that she arrogantly believed she was somehow superior in her knowledge. Great, you know Aramaic. That doesn't answer my question for a source.../sigh

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 03-03-2014

Yeah she tends to do stuff like that a lot.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - debbie - 03-03-2014

That's why I avoid most discussions on the internet since I'm tired of those opinion > facts nonsense.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 03-03-2014

(03-03-2014, 03:10 PM)Grungie Wrote: Yeah she tends to do stuff like that a lot.
If she keeps it up, I'm deleting her. I don't have time for people like that.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 03-03-2014

She'll still be on Gibby's Facebook, but it's whatever.