Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 02-13-2014

I seriously do not know where you go to find these kinds of people.

I'm flabbergasted, really.

(you don't secretly have another forum that's better than this where you say bad things about us, do you?)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 02-13-2014

Don't worry Joel, I have nothing bad to say about anybody here (except Adam, fucking asshole)

As much as I like the small community on smaller forums, it does kind of make it easier to run into these types of dickheads, as on a larger forum, you can kind of ignore them easily, but on the small forums, they stick out more. I stay on some of them because I like the other members.

The thing is, I quit that forum because this guy made all these shitty threads and got pissed that people were mad at him for them. I decided to give him another chance, but I mostly came back because I enjoyed the other users. Though he's really ruining his second chance.

lol

I'm assuming the string of new users is some of those guys you find coo' and you invited?

Well Wahnsinn is the only one from that site (I have a sneaking suspicion that guy there might be one of the users). Fantasyfanman is from a different place.

Ahhhhh I see.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Fantasyfanman - 02-13-2014

(02-13-2014, 04:26 AM)JoelCarli Wrote: (you don't secretly have another forum that's better than this where you say bad things about us, do you?)

You should see the things he says about you guys on our site :twisted:

(02-13-2014, 04:50 AM)Grungie Wrote: Fantasyfanman is from a different place.

Indeed I am. i originally met Grungie on a forum called Dashing. When I started my forum he became co-admin/co-owner.

And now for the venting/ranting.

This may be a stupid thing to say but time freakin' flies when you are on the internet. Yesterday I had a bunch of stuff I decided to quickly check a few sites. A few hours later I still did not have a thing done. A lot of people call it laziness, I am blaming the internet.

Another thing is I have the exact opposite problem of most people. I do not eat enough. While I am not technically underweight I started running so I have to make an effort to eat more. It is freaking a pain to eat when you are full. I know I do not consume enough calories each day so if I want to run I have to eat a lot more.

Lol I hear you on the time flying on the internet. That little incident last night somehow took up an hour, even though I swore it was only 15 mins.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - ln cognition - 02-13-2014

(02-13-2014, 04:10 AM)Danjo Wrote: But people stopped using Cubits and stones. We haven't stopped using Fahrenheit. Honestly I don't feel like Fahrenheit is a bad scale in and of itself, but the way they set the temperatures seems really arbitrary. And its not used at all for science.

Fuck, I hate it when I mean to post something and then come back hours later realizing I never hit post.
Well, celcius is afaik equally arbitrary, it's just that it's synchronized with Kelvin, which is only partially arbitrary.
At least all the temperature-scales use decimals properly.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 02-14-2014

This is true. I like that a lot of things are an integer number of feet or inches long, but its fucking terrible that there are 12 inches in a foot.

I dunno, at least Celsius is based on water. I feel like they just wrote down random numbers for Fahrenheit.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - there - 02-14-2014

I didn't say he was a dumbass for disagreeing. He was like "is Wahnsinn suckas' lover" or something and then I said that was a typical response for an out of his depth dumbass or something.

About units some places still use Imperial stones. Imperial units are of course based on things (impossible to make a scale with no standard) but some of them are based on pretty inconsistent things like the weight of a random stone. Still once you've got a reliable/maintainable standard created I don't think it really matters what the origin is, as long as a false origin isn't cited leading to people being misled into making errors based on false information (like if I told you that 1 week is based on the amount of time a 2 year old human can go without water that could lead to you accidentally killing a 2 year old....extreme example but yeh). What matters is how it relates to other units for calculations, and Imperial does suck for that.

Dunno what to complain about now. Guess I'm pretty annoyed about my sleep cycle getting messed up. I don't get to sleep easily but I was managing to go to sleep by 2am at the latest every night by just sitting on my phone reading manga/going on a forum until I almost can't sit up any more and then lying in bed doing the same until I can barely hold my phone and then I know I'll easily go to sleep if I put the phone down (whereas if I just go straight to bed I won't be tired enough to sleep) but now because I was at my mum's mum'a and ended up staying up really late a couple of times it's pretty hard for to get to sleep at a reasonable time. Hopefully it won't last long anyway.

Following on from what Fantasy said I know how it is not eating enough/struggling with weight in that direction, although maybe it's a bit different. I can eat quite a lot without gaining weight so it's not that I don't eat much. I'm upping my caloric intake by eating more nuts/nut-based things though lately so hopefully I'll be able to gain a bit. I don't get full; it's just that it's hard to fit in all the food.

Oh yeh and thanks to my mum/dad I've lost my National Insurance number (which you need to work or claim any Jobseeker's Allowance) so until the government department in charge of that stuff replies to the forms them I sent a week ago I don't have much to do, and then I've got one annoying uncle who's like "there are people who work with a fake one". Cool, except I'm not an illegal immigrant ya div.