Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 01-07-2014

RIP Phils

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - WCPhils - 01-07-2014

(01-07-2014, 01:41 PM)JoelCarli Wrote: Dang, man, that's harsh.

I agree with your last two paragraphs and the whole "it's my body" thing, and in fact I've been feeling incredibly shitty for the past few hours to the point where I barely slept, because of old troubles (that you guys have heard of before) that resemble your venting about selfishness.
Yea, I agree but I got rid of them because there was some info that I probably shouldn't be sharing

Did you ever find out what happened to your classes? Did the system delete them or something?

(01-07-2014, 03:21 PM)Grungie Wrote: Did you ever find out what happened to your classes? Did the system delete them or something?
No one knows. Apparently I had to take a chemistry placement exam and no one told me so I just picked Chem 101. I think someone saw that I was in it without taking the exam and took me out of the class but took me out of everything by accident.

That's the only probable thing I can think of. Or my account is just haunted.

They're out to get you.

it's a conspiracy man

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 01-07-2014

(01-07-2014, 09:29 AM)JoelCarli Wrote: True that. I just don't understand that logic. As much as I'm actively trying to use less animal byproducts (ok, eat less meat for starters), doesn't mean I don't think PETA is completely smegging ridiculous. It just makes a lot more sense to find someone better to associate with that same general ideology than keep the 9-foot pole up your anus.

Unless I misunderstood the point.
Nah, that was pretty much my point.

(01-07-2014, 09:00 AM)crazysam23 Wrote: It's always kind of stupid when people say, "Check who that website is owned by" when you post an online source. Then, they proceed to still disagree after you post several non-biased sources. Just admit you have ZERO logical room to stand on, even if you don't agree with me. At the least, be graceful and say, "We'll have to agree to disagree".

I posted a site that shows how PETA kills 1000s of animals per year, and this guy then said how the site was biased because it was owned by the Center for Consumer Freedom. I don't see how that changes the facts. So, then I posted sources from several national newspapers (NY Times, Huffington Post, etc.). He still tried to argue with me. Yeah...no...just because you like PETA doesn't mean they're actually an ethical organization by any means. Bury your head in the sand all you want, dude.

To be completely honest, he sort of has a point when you post a source from a really biased site, though he does ruin it by discrediting all of your sources that are from non-biased sites.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 01-07-2014

(01-07-2014, 05:16 PM)Grungie Wrote:
(01-07-2014, 09:00 AM)crazysam23 Wrote: It's always kind of stupid when people say, "Check who that website is owned by" when you post an online source. Then, they proceed to still disagree after you post several non-biased sources. Just admit you have ZERO logical room to stand on, even if you don't agree with me. At the least, be graceful and say, "We'll have to agree to disagree".

I posted a site that shows how PETA kills 1000s of animals per year, and this guy then said how the site was biased because it was owned by the Center for Consumer Freedom. I don't see how that changes the facts. So, then I posted sources from several national newspapers (NY Times, Huffington Post, etc.). He still tried to argue with me. Yeah...no...just because you like PETA doesn't mean they're actually an ethical organization by any means. Bury your head in the sand all you want, dude.

To be completely honest, he sort of has a point when you post a source from a really biased site, though he does ruin it by discrediting all of your sources that are from non-biased sites.
I agree. And that's why I posted the non-biased sources. But if he'd looked at the biased site, even that used non-biased sources to make its point. Confusedhrug:

I was mostly annoyed that when I presented the newspaper sources, he just spouted some bullshit about how he's "read that and a lot more". Ok...so, where are your sources then? Come on, buddy. You can't just say something like that and not post sources.

Lol that's always a blast, "you're wrong but I'm not gonna prove why I'm right"