Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 11-02-2013

Sometimes, arguing music theory with people is like banging your head against a wall. Ugh!

The annoying thing is, you usually are either repeating things you already said or things others already said, in a "head-to-wall" argument.
This one dude has been arguing that bVII-IV-I is the same as ii-bVII-I, in terms of function. The first progression would be a plagal phrase (not a cadence, because we're talking about a repeated chord progression here), while the second the second progression would be similar to an imperfect authenic phrase (movement from leading tone to tonic). The first progression also moves in fourths. There's no way that you could say that the two progressions function in exactly the same manner.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 11-02-2013

Man, I also hate how it's difficult to find an anime community that isn't full of idiots or really picky people. I've found a bunch of gaming and music forums where even if you don't share the same taste in games/music, you can at least have normal conversations about other kinds of stuff. But somehow in most anime communities I find, the users are either morons, or have really anal preferences over everything. It's sometimes difficult to even have simple conversations because they'll be boasting/bitching about how you're doing everything "the wrong way".

With the stupid people, it's hard to make sense with them. A real example is: one guy wishes every show would get dubbed, and complains about shows that get US releases, but are subtitled only. So far this makes sense. But then in a topic about a show that is dubbed, he says that he's waiting for them to release the subtitle only version of the DVD's, so I'm thinking "why bitch about shows not getting dubbed if you're buying sub only DVDs?". I questioned him about that, but it didn't make any sense, so I don't even remember what it was.

Somehow the community also seems to attract those really douchy people who get off on having unpopular opinions over just about everything. I can't help but think that anyone who has an unpopular opinion over pretty much everything is trying too hard.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Adam - 11-02-2013

If murder were legal i'd probly have the blood of about 40 hasidic jews all over my cloths right now.

Can't you do your little jew assembly to talk about money and how much of assholes you people are somewhere else?

They're like 200 meters from my house and they're still so. damn. loud.

Ugh

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - wwf - 11-02-2013

...and that's how wars start

Ok well maybe i was exaggerating a bit

But i really wanna go there and yank their retarded curly sideburns

I just realized if someone reads this and doesn't know i'm from Israel and how much hasidic jews are assholes who force their faith on others it might make me look kinda bad

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 11-02-2013

YOU DIRTY REFORMED PORK-EATER

Phagget

I take pride from the fact i got called a man whore for eating bacon.

They need to check their privileges.

Where's Blake at?

The one thing Blake definitely has in common with them is that trying to get your point across to either is like banging your head against a wall

If blake ever has an argument with a hasidic jew i'd like to see it, before the universe explodes, that is