Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - BobSacamano - 07-21-2013

(07-21-2013, 07:55 PM)WCPhils Wrote: We had some job fair thing at my school and they were saying that employers don't even see most of the applications that get sent it. Basically the application just go through a computer and it picks out key words they're looking for and filters everything else out and deletes them.

Yeah. I actually saw a trick for that though. I forget how they did it exactly. Iirc it was a normal application, but they put a bunch of key words at the bottom and made them invisible so that the computer would read it but you couldn't see it otherwise. I guess they just messed with the text's colors?

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - WCPhils - 07-21-2013

haha, that's pretty funny.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - BobSacamano - 07-21-2013

I'm sayin like, maybe you could try that. Not really any reason not to.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - WCPhils - 07-21-2013

Yea, it couldn't hurt

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - carlcockatoo - 07-22-2013

I still don't have a job, although my parents still aren't really letting me try. Even if they did, I live in senior citizen land. There are mostly skilled labour jobs around here and even the fast food places generally want you to be over eighteen and already out of high school. I'm going to to have to work fifteen miles away and I'll barely be making anything because I'll be paying so much to drive to a crappy minimum wage job lol. With that said, I'm going to follow Xiaoxi's advice and apply at restaurants/retail with 18 and older requirements anyway. That might work against me though.

I'd actually be willing to work some awful job that 'only immigrants' work but even those are too far away. :/

Do you know what those key words were?

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - WCPhils - 07-22-2013

Well I was talking more about keywords that have to do with my major at school. Which is what I'm trying to get a job for. So I don't really know for restaurants and supermarkets and all that stuff :/

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - BobSacamano - 07-22-2013

Okay I just found the image I was talking about. Here it is with the comments. Some are saying many know about it and can see it anyways so they won't interview then. Sorry for bringing it up.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - carlcockatoo - 07-22-2013

(07-22-2013, 01:43 AM)WCPhils Wrote: Well I was talking more about keywords that have to do with my major at school. Which is what I'm trying to get a job for. So I don't really know for restaurants and supermarkets and all that stuff :/

Yeah, all I want is a shit, first job at the moment. :/ Retail jobs are lame though, I'd rather work a truly awful job to build character. 8)

I'm not using that trick, Bob. That can easily lead to more harm than good. I'd just incorporate them into what I'm writing. Edit: Just saw that you are already aware.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - BobSacamano - 07-24-2013

My dad just lost his job and I haven't seen anybody in weeks. I was supposed to like 5 times recently but everyone cancelled on me. Everything is really screwed up and I'm sad. This is hardly the summer I was hoping for. =/

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - wwf - 07-24-2013

Damn, that sucks man