Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 11-20-2014

Yeah, we have similarities. But our border security is fairly lax and no one really gets worked up about it. And we haven't had a lot of the other controversies that Arizona has.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - carlcockatoo - 11-20-2014

I bet the people in that neighborhood strike up casual conversation with cops as they're threatening to search someone's car for marijuana though.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. The Albuquerque police department is under fire for a lot of stuff recently, mostly just that they shoot everyone and never have their lapel cameras on, but there have been some other major screw ups. So our police are also shitty, (at least Albuquerque's, Farmington and Socorro's seem to be alright), but these issues haven't really been racially motivated at all, and they aren't really supported by the public.

I wasn't hinting at anything like that.

I was just stereotyping (if I'm wrong that's really unjustified but I doubt I'm wrong >_>) the type of people who would live in a neighborhood like that. The type of person to live in those rich desert suburbs with backyard pools and disturbingly well-maintained grass/synthetic grass (no grass in my neighborhood wow they did something right) probably loves cops and ignores issues that normal people face. Tucson police don't really have public support outside of areas like mine.

Well cops do serve a purpose, and it would be worse if we didn't have them at all. They're only a problem when they're corrupt. Or just huge dicks. You're probably right that people in that neighborhood don't get into much trouble with the cops, so they don't have to think about them too much. But I'm sure some of them are upset about the corruption with the Albuquerque police. But really, the people in that neighborhood probably are "normal" people. I lived in a neighborhood like that in Farmington for about 7 years, although a little less "pristine" just because we were in a part of town that was still expanding outward. I wouldn't say the majority of people in that area were out of touch, maybe a few were.

'normal' is relative I guess. I feel like everyone around me is out of touch and I question whether or not I can consider myself an actual human being lol. I always feel like nobody will take me seriously with anything when I tell them where I live. Fortunately they do but they still lol @ the area.

When it comes to the image of what a 'normal' person is 'supposed to be' that is forced through the media it is 'normal' but for 90% of the population that is actually really fucking weird. It's like living in an episode of Leave it to Beaver with updated technology.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - debbie - 11-21-2014

Can I just have a hug and be on my way?

This week has been hell, but luckily we are part the worse. My boyfriend got really sick over the weekend and thats when they found out that his kidneys are now at officialy % functioning and his dialysis weren't effective anymore so he had to go in on monday to have a fistual put in so that he can get hemodialysis. Luckily he is now home and looks like the dialysis is doing him good.

My mom was operated on Tuesday, she had a myriad of things from realigning her nose (for sinus problem, to removing leftover parts of her tonsels and pumping up her vocal chords with silicon as the one is paralysed which causes her to loose alot of wind during speaking. Now she is not allowed to speak for 3 weeks...poor gal, its gonna be rough on her.

My boyfriend was in the one hospital close to Cape Town and my mom in a town close to my work, but its like 30 min from my home to my mom and 40 min from there to my boyfriend so I emptied a tank (750 km) og diesel this week. Since I had to drive to Cape Town 3 times as well which is about about an hour away from my work...

Just glad this everything went well and that both are on their way to recovery. Now its just my dad with his OP on Tuesday or Wedensday, not even sure anymore, and then everybody must just chill with this hospital shit.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 11-21-2014

Damn, thats a hell of a week Debbie. I'm assuming this means you and your boyfriend ended up working things out? I don't remember hearing about it since you guys were having trouble a couple months ago. I hope everybody recovers quickly. :hug2:

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 11-21-2014

(11-21-2014, 05:28 AM)debbie Wrote: Can I just have a hug and be on my way?
:hug:

My condolences on the hospital stuff.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - carlcockatoo - 11-21-2014

goddamn

yes you get a hug hope everything turns out well :hug: