Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 09:20 PM)Grungie Wrote: Lol thanks, I just find it really ill-informed when they think I'm signing up to go to prison and giving myself a death sentence (because everyone in the military does direct combat duh).
Anyone who says this is a utter moron and doesn't understand the US military at all.

Quote:Sorry, but it's only sort of like prison in boot camp (and even then it's not that bad), and once you get out, you go back to having a normal life.
Boot camp is tough, yeah. But the Air Force isn't actually that bad, as far as boot camp AND everything else. AF is actually the best branch of service to join these days.

Also, the AF is rarely in direct combat. Fighter pilots end up in combat, but most of the AF has different roles -- support roles.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 09:39 PM)crazysam23 Wrote: Anyone who says this is a utter moron and doesn't understand the US military at all.
America, FUCK YEAH

(07-25-2014, 09:47 PM)JoelCarli Wrote:
(07-25-2014, 09:39 PM)crazysam23 Wrote: Anyone who says this is a utter moron and doesn't understand the US military at all.
America, FUCK YEAH
:haha: Wasn't quite what I was going for.

But comparing the military (of any country) to prison is pretty fucktarded.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 07-25-2014

Well if there's a conscription I find that kind of prison-y.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 07-25-2014

Pretty much, but that's basically all I see on the internet, at least irl people will ask "dumb questions" based on what branch you're in:

Army/Marines: do you drive a tank?
Navy: Do you ride a ship/sup
Air Force: Are you a pilot?
Coast Guard/National Guard: lol

(07-25-2014, 09:39 PM)crazysam23 Wrote: Boot camp is tough, yeah. But the Air Force isn't actually that bad, as far as boot camp AND everything else. AF is actually the best branch of service to join these days.

Also, the AF is rarely in direct combat. Fighter pilots end up in combat, but most of the AF has different roles -- support roles.
Tbh most jobs in many branches are largely support. Though boot camp is really only tough if you've never left home before, and you just suck at following directions. My sister said people just couldn't handle someone telling them to do something, so they started crying, and all the normal people were thinking "why are you crying?"

(07-25-2014, 10:12 PM)Grungie Wrote:

Pretty much, but that's basically all I see on the internet, at least irl people will ask "dumb questions" based on what branch you're in:

Army/Marines: do you drive a tank?
Navy: Do you ride a ship/sup
Air Force: Are you a pilot?
Coast Guard/National Guard: lol
Yeah.

grungie Wrote:
(07-25-2014, 09:39 PM)crazysam23 Wrote: Boot camp is tough, yeah. But the Air Force isn't actually that bad, as far as boot camp AND everything else. AF is actually the best branch of service to join these days.

Tbh most jobs in many branches are largely support. Though boot camp is really only tough if you've never left home before, and you just suck at following directions. My sister said people just couldn't handle someone telling them to do something, so they started crying, and all the normal people were thinking "why are you crying?"
Sounds like college. The idiots who have no idea what to do without mommy are left crying.

My sister is in the navy, but yeah, the people that had it the hardest were the ones whose parents let them do whatever they wanted whenever, so they not only couldn't handle someone telling them what to do, they couldn't handle living by the drill instructor's schedule.

(07-25-2014, 10:25 PM)Grungie Wrote: My sister is in the navy, but yeah, the people that had it the hardest were the ones whose parents let them do whatever they wanted whenever, so they not only couldn't handle someone telling them what to do, they couldn't handle living by the drill instructor's schedule.
And this is how you either have a real shitty time during boot camp OR flunk out of college. lol

Also there's always that one guy who wants to be the clown, and the one thing you do NOT want to do in boot camp is to stick out.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - crazysam23 - 07-26-2014

Yeah, I'm sure the drill instructors just love those morons.