Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 05-08-2014

Earlier this year a colleague of mine went to go see them live. The entire time I thought it was some sort of Disney on Ice kind of thing with giant puppets and shit, lol

Holy fuck do I hate people.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 05-08-2014

Wait, so your disney on ice thing was bad?

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 05-08-2014

Lol what? I just thought it sounded like a family fun time sort of thing, lol.

But yes, just some misanthropy today.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 05-09-2014

Lolz

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion before, but I really hate when I see people misuse overrated as "something popular that I didn't like", that's not what it means. Cuz I saw a couple of "most overrated __" threads and every time it's "oh this is popular, but I didn't like it, or get why people like it, so it's overrated".

No, just no.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 05-09-2014

Yeah, I admit it's not really what it means. But there isn't really any other way of using it in friendly conversation imho.

You can use overrated in a friendly sense, but those "most overrated ___" threads are usually pretty shitty, especially when nobody knows what it actually means.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 05-09-2014

True.

So on another forum, there was a thread about video game guilty pleasures. I mentioned Final Fantasy XIII, as it's currently cool to bash until XV comes out, but I saw in a thread about favorite games, that this game was popular on the site, so my statement was "I was gonna mention FF13, but me liking the game isn't an unpopular opinion on this site". Then some guy quoted me and he raged about why he doesn't get why people didn't like the game, and I responded with the common complaints, and he whined about how those weren't right and responded with idiot fanboy defense on why those complaints were wrong.

Then he mentioned something about how he got stuck in XIII-2, and never completed the game, then someone mentioned "wait a second here, didn't you list XIII-2 in the Top 5 Favorite Video Games thread? How the hell can you confidently say it's your favorite if you never finished it?"

The guy responds "I said it's my favorite series, I watched the rest of XIII-2 on Youtube, and I watched all of XIII-3. That's why it's my favorite series".

So here's my gripe here, how the hell can you say a game trilogy is your favorite, if you've only completed one game, half of one, and never played the third game? Watching them on Youtube doesn't count, as you're missing out the point of a game, when you don't actually play the damn thing. Like fuck, it's like reading the plot summaries of the Star Wars trilogy on Wikipedia and saying they're your favorite movies.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 05-09-2014

Thats pretty bad.

And the "Most overrated" thing on UG was pretty dumb. How the fuck did Stadium Arcadium get on there? I was never under the impression that it was rated highly, and I think its a great album. No one ever talks about it though.

Idk too much about RHCP's discography popularity, but I don't hear people talk about Stadium Arcadium as much as Californication or Blood Sugar Sex Magick, so I figured those two would be contenders for most overrated RHCP albums to some people.

Like even the full discography ones were really cop-outs. Like I'm no expert on Kiss, but I recall that they had a couple of albums that were considered utter garbage (like their disco album and Peter Criss's solo album), and with Radiohead, nobody gives a fuck about Pablo Honey, and only Kid A and Ok Computer get heavy praise.