Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 04-23-2014

I was somewhat "depressed" in middle school and high school just because all of my friends were. I think some of the symptoms of teenage angst are actually pretty similar to depression symptoms which is why it gets called that, its just on a different scale, and pretty much everyone goes through it. Now I'm a happy fucker, despite the fact that I get like no sleep and I spend most days feeling like my life is going nowhere. Funny how a change in mindset can make the difference between no problems and sad, and many problems but happy.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 04-23-2014

(04-23-2014, 03:30 AM)Danjo Wrote: I was somewhat "depressed" in middle school and high school just because all of my friends were.

I saw this with my brother a lot. He used to sit around and be all mopy emo depressed shit, and when he talked about his friends, they too were all mopy depressed emo shits. Then after all his emo friends didn't come back to college for various reasons, and he started getting really busy, he realized he didn't have time to sit down and feel all "depressed" about mundane shit, and now he's realizing he enjoys himself better now.

(04-23-2014, 03:30 AM)Danjo Wrote: I think some of the symptoms of teenage angst are actually pretty similar to depression symptoms which is why it gets called that, its just on a different scale, and pretty much everyone goes through it.

This sort of goes back to what I said above, you see people have that one friend who's "depressed" and their friend thinks "oh I have the same symptoms, I must be depressed" and it kind of becomes a chain, so you have a group of friends who are all "depressed" and it's all just teen angst or whatever.

Just judging from what I've observed from others.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 04-23-2014

Yeah, I guess the important thing is its something you tend to grow out of, which isn't really true for real depression later on in life. I just looked at some statistics and the number of suicides rates are twice as high for 20-24 year olds compared to 15-19 year olds. Its much lower for 10-14 year olds as well. Which means that even if more people say that they're "depressed" at younger ages, it doesn't translate into an increase in suicides, which I would say is the primary reason to be concerned about depression. Females are more likely to commit suicide between 15-19, and males are more likely between 20-24.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Grungie - 04-25-2014

Yet another Grungie bitching about people I meet on forums rant #98765. This one user, when he discusses things, either beats around the bush when answering a question, or explains more information than necessary, and/or shows off how overly knowlegable he is. Basically he talks too much when discussing shit.

So let's say we have a thread called "what's your favorite flavor of cake" he won't just answer "I like dark chocolate cake" or something like that, he'll either make a comment about the concept of liking cake and then say he likes dark chocolate cake, or he'll respond to someone's post with him showing off what extra knowledge he knows about that person's cake in a snide fashion and they'll say something back and he'll show off more knowledge and somehow fit in that he likes dark chocolate cake.

I feel like he's trying to show off most of the time

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 04-25-2014

Da fuq

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - WCPhils - 04-25-2014

Is it weird I don't think I ever had teenage angst? I was pretty happy.

Always found it odd the amount of people who were like that, but I guess that's hormones for ya Confusedhrug:

(04-25-2014, 12:06 PM)JoelCarli Wrote: Da fuq

If you remember Holy Katana on UG, he kind of acts like that. He wasn't a bad guy, but it felt like he was trying to show off everytime he posts.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 12:34 PM)WCPhils Wrote: Is it weird I don't think I ever had teenage angst? I was pretty happy.

Always found it odd the amount of people who were like that, but I guess that's hormones for ya Confusedhrug:

Nah, you probably just weren't stupid like the rest of us. If I had different friends I would have been happier, haha.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 04-25-2014

(04-25-2014, 02:00 PM)Grungie Wrote: If you remember Holy Katana on UG, he kind of acts like that. He wasn't a bad guy, but it felt like he was trying to show off everytime he posts.
I don't even know how you're supposed to even do that, lol

(04-25-2014, 08:59 PM)JoelCarli Wrote: I don't even know how you're supposed to even do that, lol

Usually people who talk to much like that have anxiety issues and try to hide it by giving too much information. Then there's people who just like showing off that they know everything and just need to get to the fucking point.