Music Talk Board
The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Printable Version

+- Music Talk Board (https://www.musictalkboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.musictalkboard.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! (/thread-127.html)

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Danjo - 03-09-2013

Note to self: Don't go hiking and climbing around in jeans that already are starting to wear around the crotch. Other than that things went well.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - JCizzle - 03-09-2013

:lol: Awesome Smile

The only problem now is that my choice of pants are a pair with a hole half way across my butt, or a pair with the crotch torn out.

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - debbie - 03-09-2013

Either you need to invest in new pair of jeans or learn how to sow. I suck at doing material work, all my buttons come off again about 3 weeks later. I always get dirty looks from my boyfriend's mother when I use matreial glue to put in my seams (all my pants are too long, like way too long).

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - Adam - 03-09-2013

Ok, my parents got divorced when i was 3, my dad left to Canada when i was 9, i hated him since then until i was 14 and wanted to renew the connection, now he thinks it's all good, but i still don't feel like he's my dad.

Now my dad is coming to Israel in a week, haven't seen him in a while, don't know what i feel about it. He wants to spend time with me to catch up, and god damnit, he practically doesn't even know me.
Idk if i should just play along with it to be nice to him and maybe have a nice time too or if i should just tell him know what i think and basically let it all out, and make it feel shitty until he leaves in the process....

Could you tell him how you feel but also try to have a good time? Not like completely laying it on him, but let him know that you aren't too happy about the fact that he left, that you don't necessarily feel comfortable around him, and you aren't just going to accept him right away, but you're willing to give him a chance. (If you are willing to give him a chance.)

That's kinda what i've been doing for the past few years, it doesn't do much.

He knows i'm still kinda mad at him for leaving, but what's done is done, can't change that. So it's pointless to say it again. And he doesn't get it when i don't fully explain, so it's either spend the time talking about all that shit, or trying to have a good time. That is my 'dilemma'

I guess i've already decided long before posting about it, but still wanted to vent.

Ah, it wasn't really clear how much you've been in communication with him. And which one are you going to do?

The one that ain't gonna make everyone feel like shit, obviously :P

RE: The Venting/Ranting/Hugging Thread! - debbie - 03-09-2013

I'm an optimist so my advice would be try and have a good time but try to work in that conversation sometime because it is important. If he s coming to Isreal to see you guys, then at least try and give him a chance. Do you feel better after your vent? Tongue